Monday, July 5, 2010

Meet Emel

The Bag Lady had a busy weekend being adoptive mother to this little guy:


She had hoped that another cow would calve right away and be convinced that she had actually given birth to twins, but it didn't happen. At least he has a friend who likes to run and play with him, now that they have become acquainted:



Hilary, of the Smitten Image blog, has suggested that the little guy be called Emel (M.L.... Maple Leaf, since he was born on Canada's birthday) which somehow suits him. Thanks, Hilary! (Of course, the Bag Lady will probably still call him Bobo most of the time - old habits die hard....)

The Bag Lady tried to auction him off to the cows the other night, but none of them could come up with the moo-la. (sorry. Sometimes it's hard to resist.)

15 comments:

Gail said...

Never resist humor, it gets me through.

A wonderful specimen of boviness, glad he is doing well.

Leah J. Utas said...

Emel is adorable. Be interesting if he and Princess bond so much that Emel thinks he's a dog.
*moo-la* love it.

David Cranmer said...

Emel Bobo is cute as hell and I love the pic with the dog.

Hilary said...

Love Bobo Emel.. thanks for giving him that name. ;) And moola.. woohoo.. that's udderly hysterical!

messymimi said...

I agree, never resist a good pun.

Emel is beautiful.

solarity said...

Emel looks a mite confused there. It's all right if the Princess decides he's a dog, but if he grows up thinking he's a dog, it'll be troublesome when he weighs half a ton.

Mary Anne in Kentucky

Reb said...

Emel is a great name and he is so cute!

Gena said...

I remember cows that just wouldn't care for their young. Max was one we had to bottle feed; he's the last one I remember.

Karen (formerly kcinnova) said...

Emel is a perfect name. Yay, Hilary!
If I could come up with the moo-la, I'd come up there and visit you and help with the bottle feeding. Alas, there is no moo-la to be had here (although there are plenty of cows within 10 minutes of my house).

Levi said...

So cute and very funny with the moola part.

the Bag Lady said...

I'm not sure what's up with Blogger, but it says there are 10 comments and is only showing me 5....

Thanks, everyone, for your comments.

Cheryl Kohan said...

Ahem! I believe I agreed with Hilary that Emel was the perfect name. Bobo would be a fine middle name. Although try saying Emel Bobo six times quickly - heh, heh!

the Bag Lady said...

Cheryl - I KNEW I saw a comment from you! Don't know what the heck Blogger did with it.....
sigh

Conny said...

Very cute! Emel will keep you very busy for a while it seems. Funny, what does Princess think of all this?

the Bag Lady said...

Conny - the Princess is totally enamoured of Emel - they play together! Emel chases the dog!!